About Me

My photo
We provide therapy to children with autism, focusing on Pivotal Response Treatment and Physiotherapy. We are also parents to a child with autism.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Break time... but check out these math websites



Today will be my last post for a little while. Unfortunately, personal life has gotten in the way. I no longer have the gift of time to create thoughtful and helpful posts. Thank you to everyone who checked out my blog for ideas. Good luck to everyone on their journey to raise your fabulous children, especially if you have the added challenge of having a son or daughter with autism. Keep learning and growing and doing your best.

Before I go I will share one last thing:
I attended a math workshop at my son's school. Learning math is no longer about memorization and monotonous math problems that you practice over and over. It is about understanding why we do things, working with hands-on materials and problem solving. Technology is the way of our world. Thus it is essential that our children learn math, but more importantly, feel confident in their ability to do math

Here are some websites you can visit for more information:

Enriching Mathematics (Cambridge University)

YouCubed by Stanford University

Problem of the week by University of Waterloo

No comments:

Post a Comment