About Me

My photo
We provide therapy to children with autism, focusing on Pivotal Response Treatment and Physiotherapy. We are also parents to a child with autism.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Activity #33: My favourite things story book



Description: This activity was created to get my son to practice his writing, drawing and being able to talk about himself. Talking about your favourite things is a motivating thing to talk about. I wrote the first few examples and had him fill in the blanks. Eg. My favourite dessert is _. After, a few examples, I had him pick the topic and the answer. Eg. My favourite _ is _.
Age: 3+, with younger kids you will write in the answers for them
Purpose:
Writing
Drawing
Question asking
Talking about oneself
Prep time: minimal
What you’ll need: a few pieces of paper folded into a book and some markers
Fun Factor: My son maintained his interest when I choose the topics (and he filled in the answers), but struggled at bit when he had to come up with his own. I kept the favourite things topics motivating (favourite car, waterslide, dessert, food etc), to keep the interest high.

No comments:

Post a Comment