About Me

My photo
We provide therapy to children with autism, focusing on Pivotal Response Treatment and Physiotherapy. We are also parents to a child with autism.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Activity #38: Thomas the train ramp race



Description: My younger son is a big fan of Thomas and friends. My older ASD son likes trains ok, but its not his top choice. I created this activity in the hopes that they would work together. We used one of our ramps and sent each train down one at a time. Then we marked it on the floor with painter’s tape. The purpose was to see which train would go the farthest.
Age: 3+
Purpose:
Measurement
Cheering for each other
Writing
Fine motor (tearing tape)
Prep time: minimal
What you’ll need: a ramp and trains. If you don’t have trains you can use cars or anything that rolls
Fun Factor: It took a few trains to get things going, but after that we marked down every single train that we had. This was really engaging for my ASD child, my Thomas the train lover son preferred to do pretend play. They wanted to do again a few days later, so I would say it was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment