About Me

My photo
We provide therapy to children with autism, focusing on Pivotal Response Treatment and Physiotherapy. We are also parents to a child with autism.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Activity #36: Highway onramp and off ramp craft



Description: This activity was my sons idea (with me taking it to the next level). He wanted to draw highway on-ramps and off-ramps, but you really need to make it 3D. We used cardboard and and construction paper to make an overpass and then added on-ramps and off-ramps.
Age: 5+
Purpose:
Scissor skills
Using tape
Creativity
Learning about structure
Prep time: This is a pretty parent intensive activity as cutting construction usually requires a knife. The kids will also require help to make it stable.
What you’ll need: cardboard, construction paper, tape
Fun Factor: My son was initially resistant and drew on paper while I started making the overpass. Once, he realized what I was doing he got really into making the off-ramps and on-ramps. He cut out the shapes of the ramps with construction paper and I cut out the cardboard to support it. It actually turned out pretty strong and we could actually drive the cars on the ramps. This activity kept us going for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment