About Me

My photo
We provide therapy to children with autism, focusing on Pivotal Response Treatment and Physiotherapy. We are also parents to a child with autism.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Products we love: High Five Magazine (Highlights)



This is the Kindergarten version of Highlight Magazine. I used to receive a Highlights Magazine every month when I was a child. I looked forward to getting one every month. The kindergarten version is full of short stories and activities including: hidden objects, what’s the same/different and that’s silly. It also has recipes and craft ideas.

The kids enjoy listening to the stories and doing the activities. Their favourite is the “That’s Silly” page, were you look for all the silly things in the scene. I like it because it introduces new reading material into the house. My son is a good reader, but we have read all of our household books multiple times. With a few new stories every month, we can ensure he is comprehending the stories. Sometimes I will even make activities based on the stories to practice comprehension. For example, one story was about buying things at a grocery store. I made little piece of paper with the names of foods at the grocery store. I had the boys pick out the items they bought in the story.

Checkout the Highlights website for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment