About Me

My photo
We provide therapy to children with autism, focusing on Pivotal Response Treatment and Physiotherapy. We are also parents to a child with autism.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Activity #18: Colour stair course



Description: I made a sheet with 16 different colours on it. Then, I put the matching markers upstairs in a pile (we have a set with 64 different marker colours). I added a few decoys (but this was optional). They had to run up the stairs, grab the right marker, and then colour in the matching circle with the marker.
Age: 3+ (for younger kids, use less colours, and require them to only grab the marker)
Purpose:
Gross motor
Fine motor
Colours
Matching
Prep time: moderate: to prepare the sheet of colours
What you’ll need: a piece of paper with circle colours, and coloured markers or pencil crayons.
Fun Factor: So admittedly, I didn’t have the energy to come up with obstacle course stations and I wanted to change things up. My son really loves markers, so he really liked the activity. He said it was his favourite activity of the day. Safety tip: For little ones, you may have to watch them on the stairs, especially if they get excited. But, at least you'll get some exercise too.

No comments:

Post a Comment