About Me

My photo
We provide therapy to children with autism, focusing on Pivotal Response Treatment and Physiotherapy. We are also parents to a child with autism.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Videos we love: Preschool prep company



Our kids love watching these DVD's. They are available on DVD from the company's website or short clips on YouTube. They have simple cartoons, fun songs and phrases to help kids learn early literacy and math skills. Video topics include: letters, numbers, blends, digraphs, sight words and simple addition. Adults can learn too (or perhaps re-learn). I learned what a digraph was. I am pretty sure I learned this for the first time. Remember that educational DVD's are not recommended as a way to have children learn. However, you can play them within the 2 hour screen time limit for kids over two. Although, my 3 year old can now read sight words consistently and generalizably, and he definitely didn't learn that from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment